My pallet garden “experiment” has not gone as well as I had hoped.
I managed to get a few feedings of spinach, radicchio and kale out of the garden but it quickly dried up whereas the spinach and kale growing in the other garden boxes have continued to flourish and produce.
Another problem with the pallet garden is that no matter how I have tried to water it, the watering process makes the soil run out of the pallet.
At this point of the summer I have snipped off the spinach and kale plants and planted a special type of ball carrot in each of the rows.
I’ll update later in the summer how this new “crop” progresses.