Today’s giveaway is aimed at the old school wet shavers in the audience! We have partnered with the good people at Stirling Soap Company for this giveaway.
Now, to be honest, I have not yet used any of the soaps from Stirling Soap Company. This is only because I picked the soaps up at the post office this afternoon and have not made my way into the shave cave yet today. Later this evening I will be testing out the shave soap.
Update: I just shaved my face and my head with the Black Cherry Shave soap. It took a bit of experimenting, but with more water in my boar hair shave brush than I usually use and a more vigorous swirling on the soap puck and I had a beauty of a lather develop.
The lather went on my skin beautifully. It is one of the thickest and richest lathers I have had the pleasure of using. The lather was like (and this is absolutely meant as a compliment) a perfect combination of delicious smelling chilled bacon fat and fresh cherries. It spread across my skin beautifully. Yes, this sounds bizarre but it is gorgeous feeling on the skin.
I am pretty excited to try out more of these new soaps because they are cold pressed, beef or mutton tallow soaps that are said to lather up super thick and slick. The shave soaps are intended to be used in a shave bowl or an apothecary mug.
The first one up for a giveaway is called Sharp Dressed Man. This soap is patterned after the famous Green Irish Tweed scent that was created for Cary Grant. This scent has been put to use by men like Robert Redford and Clint Eastwood, meaning this is what real men smell like, whether they’re stepping out in a tuxedo like Redford, or making a canoe out of someone’s forehead like Eastwood.
The next one is called Barbershop. This soap has a smell that recreates the essence of sitting in the old-
I also have a bar of Autumn Glory up for grabs. This one has a very gentle aroma that reminds me of the time years ago when I went walking with my grandfather around the birch and aspen groves at his lakeside cabin.
Now to the good stuff; to enter the giveaway, all you have to do is;
- Write a comment with a number between 1 (one) and 100 (one hundred) on this blog post. (Yes, you can enter with numbers one or 100).
- One entry per email address.
- On Friday, December 6th, 2013 sometime shortly after 6pm PST I will use an iPad app to generate THREE (3) random numbers to decide the winners of this giveaway.
- Each winner will be sent one of the the three soaps. If you have a preference of which one you like, add that in the blog post comment with your number.
- When posting your comment with your chosen number, be sure to include your name and a valid email address (will not be published or shared or sold or used to send you spam). The email address will be the way that I communicate to the winners of this giveaway.
- The winners of the Stirling Soap Company Shave soaps will be required to pay the full cost of shipping the soap.
Thank you to Rod and Mandy Lovan for providing the very wonderful smelling soaps and good luck to all who enter.