This year’s Winter Lights Display at Lafarge Lake is bigger and brighter than ever before! You can join in the magic this season by taking part in festive activities including caroling, scavenger hunts, tulip and lantern workshops, and hot chocolate nights.
New this year, Coquitlam’s Park Spark team – including volunteers and local businesses – will be on site to welcome visitors, provide walking route information, and enhance the park visitor experience through interactive activities.
Hosts will be stationed at a Welcome Tent on the east side of Lafarge Lake, near the Town Centre Park Plaza, from 6-8 p.m. on varying nights each week (Visit www.coquitlam.ca/parkspark for updates).
Activities will include:
- Tulip Workshop: Community members are invited to participate in the Lafarge Lake Winter Lights Display by creating a “pop bottle” tulip. This year, tulips will be installed at the south end of the lake within the Woodland Garden display.
- Dogtopia Night: Bring your dog for an evening stroll to take in the lights. Drop in at the Welcome Tent at 7 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 3 to enter your pet into the most festively dressed dog competition.
- Scavenger Hunts: Pick up your scavenger hunt cards at the Welcome tent to take part in this fun activity leading participants on a 1.2-kilometre loop around the lake, through 10 themed areas on Monday, Dec. 5, Wednesday, Dec. 7, and Saturday, Dec. 10.
- Lantern Workshops: Park visitors will be invited to make a lantern, which will be added to the light display along the east side of the lake.
- Search for Sparky: Keep an eye out for our Park Spark mascot, Sparky, who will be somewhere along the display on Friday, Dec. 16 from 6-8 p.m. Find him to receive a treat!
- Caroling: Join us in song for fun caroling nights in the park.
- Jingle Bell Night: Get into the festive spirit on Wednesday , Dec. 21 at 7 p.m. with group caroling and free hot chocolate.
All activities take place rain or shine. Dates and times will be publicized in advance online at www.coquitlam.ca/parkspark and through the City’s social media channels.
Lafarge Lake is located in Town Centre Park (1299 Pinetree Way) and can also be accessed from the Lafarge Lake-Douglas SkyTrain Station. Parking is available throughout Town Centre Park off of Trevor Wingrove Way.