The show that all home renovators, contractors, gardeners, and foodies wait all year for, the BC Home + Garden Show returns February 19-23, 2020 at BC Place Stadium.
This year’s show has a lineup of leading home improvement, design and garden experts. Over 425 exhibitors, fresh new features and the top trends of the season will be at the forefront, all over the course of five days, starting this Wednesday at 4pm.
Part of the show that I am very interested in seeing is the modern, sustainable and modular container home by Honomobo , who are debuting their grand HO4+ model at the Show.
The HO4+ model is comprised of four repurposed shipping containers. The sleek and spacious 3 bedroom and 2 bathroom configuration spans 1224 square feet and will be on display at the Show for attendees to explore.
Both spacious and efficient, this single level home includes a large living room, dining room, full kitchen with twenty nine feet of floor to ceiling glass. The homes are designed and built in eight weeks by Honomobo in Edmonton, AB.
But even more exciting than seeing shipping containers repurposed as a modular home, there is an all-star line-up of chefs coming to the BC Home + Garden Show
Some of the city’s most respected chefs will be bringing their trade secrets to the stage with entertaining seminars and live demonstrations, covering hot dining topics and trends.
Talent taking the stage includes Bruno Feldeisen, Judge on The Great Canadian Baking Show, owner and chef of Down Low Group of Restaurants, Doug Stephen, Ian McHale, executive chef of Wildebeest (Gooseneck Hospitality) and Drew DePatie from Sofina Foods representing Lilydale, Mastro and San Daniele, among others.
The full line-up of culinary talent hitting the Lilydale Cooking Stage includes:
- Maude Renaud-Brisson, independent wine consultant and founder of APÉROmode – Thursday, February 20 at 2 p.m. and Friday, February 21 at 7 p.m.
- Drew DePatie of Lilydale, Mastro and San Daniele – Friday, February 21 at 2p.m. and 5 p.m., Saturday, February 22 at noon and 4:30 p.m., Sunday, February 23 at 1 p.m.
- Bruno Feldeisen of CBC’s The Great Canadian Baking Show – Thursday, February 20 at 5 p.m., Friday, February 21 at 4 p.m. and Sunday, February 23 at 2:30 p.m.
- Kurtis Kolt, private wine consultant – Thursday, February 20 at 6 p.m.
- Hilary Brent, registered holistic nutritionist, of The Rooted Table – Friday, February 21 at 3 p.m.
- Karen Barnaby, chef of Goodly Foods – Saturday, February 22 at 2:30 p.m.
- Doug Stephen, owner and chef of Down Low Group of Restaurants – Saturday, February 22 at 3:30 p.m.
- Josef Driemel, chef of Fable Diner – Saturday, February 22 at 6:30 p.m.
- Ian McHale, executive chef of Wildebeest (Gooseneck Hospitality) – Sunday, February 23 at noon
For more information, or to buy tickets online and save $2 per ticket, visit bchomeandgardenshow.com.