How cool is this recipe? I found this recipe on Facebook yesterday and we ended up cooking it for dinner. And it was delicious!! For this recipe there is no straining the pasta, just stirring.
So what do you need? Pasta, Tomatoes, Veggie Broth, Olive Oil, and Seasonings.Throw it all in the pot, INCLUDING the uncooked Pasta, and cook! – Bring it to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. The starch leaches out of the pasta and makes a rich, warm sauce for the noodles. The other ingredients cook right along with the pasta
Here is the detailed list of ingredients:
- 12 ounces pasta (we used Linguine)
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes with liquid (we used zesty red pepper flavor)
- 1 large sweet onion, cut in julienne strips
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 large sprigs basil, chopped
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
Place pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, in a large stock pot. Pour in vegetable broth. Sprinkle on top the pepper flakes and oregano. Drizzle top with oil.
Cover pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer and keep covered and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or so. Cook until almost all liquid has evaporated – I left about an inch of liquid in the bottom of the pot – but you can reduce as desired.
Season to taste with salt and pepper, stirring pasta several times to distribute the liquid in the bottom of the pot. Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese.