It is kind of funny to say, but my favourite meatloaf actually has no meat in it! I love the taste and texture that this meatloaf has and I’m pleased to share my very simple Meatless Meatloaf recipe here with you.
In a large mixing bowl add:
- 4 cups of Special K cereal (we use whatever cereal we have on hand and have never had a problem with the outcome)
- I cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of sweet basil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 eggs beaten.
Mix all the ingredients together. Then put the mixture in a loaf pan and bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes. You can serve the meatloaf with a mushroom or any cream sauce.
My favourite way to eat this meatloaf is the day after it has been made. I like to slice it about an inch thick, heat a pan up until it is really hot, drop in a dollop of butter and then flop the slice of meatless meatloaf into the pan. I leave it for just a couple minutes until the one side is caramelized. Flip the slice over, brown the other side and then serve it with a pile of mashed potatoes.
Try it. You will enjoy it.