On the evening of October 5th, The Tyee is hosting an evening of discussion on the future of public education in BC.
The evening will feature speakers who will explore what is, and what could be, for public education in British Columbia. From innovations to challenges, and from the perspective of teachers, academics, students and parents, the discussion will delve into the possibilities ahead for BC’s education system.
The Featured Speakers:
- Dr. Gillian Judson, lecturer, Simon Fraser University, director, Imaginative Education Research Group (IERG), and coordinator, Imaginative Ecological Education (IEE) program
- Jennifer Stewart, co-founder, Families Against Cuts to Education
- Hana Woldeyes, Youth Advisory Team member, Fresh Voices Initiative
- Sajedeh Zaki, Youth Advisory Team member, Fresh Voices Initiative
- Trevor Stokes, teacher, Streetfront Alternative Program
Other speakers will be announced soon.
Location of the Discussion:
- Segal Building, 500 Granville Street, Vancouver
- 6:30 pm Doors open
- 7:00 pm-9:00 pm Talks
- 9:00 pm-10:00 pm Reception with drinks and light refreshments